Lynell3

Lynell3

Monday, August 5, 2013

End of first transfer!!



I can't believe this is the end of my first transfer in Japan! It was sooooo fast! Kitami has been so much fun and the members here are so awesome! I've seen a lot of miracles in the 6 weeks I've been here and I've learned a LOT. I've improved in my ability to speak Japanese a little and in my ability to understand people. It's funny because some days I'll understand what people are saying and I'll be able to respond and I'll be like, oh ya I got this! and then the next day I'll be like, ya I have no idea what anyone is saying haha. So it's definitely been fun and the hardest exercise my brain has ever had.
 Let's see..'ll share one of our miracles from last week. We started out trying to visit some less-active members but no one was home so we got out our map and Nanjo shimai asked me where I thought we should go housing. I looked at the map and was like, uhhhhhh, no idea. So I said a prayer in my head for guidance and nothing really happened so I said okay I'll choose and then tell me if it's where we should go (in my head) so I looked at the map again and looked at an area for several seconds and then put my finger on it and no joke right as I did that the sun shone right on that spot and then went away. So I was like, okay let's go there. We biked to that area and parked our bikes and then started housing at a small apartment complex. No one was home at the first two doors and on the third door we could hear kids inside so we're like, yes a family! The mom opened the door and was super friendly and happy. I normally just smile a LOT because I can't say a lot, but the mom was smiling a lot so then I was smiling even more and Nanjo shimai was smiling really big while we were talking and her daughters were smiling and staring at me. It was just a really great moment haha. Anyways we asked the Lady if she has seen other missionaries like us before and she said that she had actually seen us before. And we're like oh, really? And then she told us that she saw us at McDonalds and she was the cashier. (Then we both recognized her). She told us that that was only her second day working there and she was really nervous but we were like, it's okay you're doing great, and stuff like that and so she said thank-you for being so kind and patient. Nanjo shimai and I are like, well this is awesome! So we talked a little bit more about our message and how it blesses families and stuff and then I started talking to her daughters and I had a whole conversation by myself with them and it was awesome. Oh ya, we got an appointment to go back! I'm so excited for her and for her family. I don't know if they will accept the gospel right away but I know it wasn't a coincidence that we met her at McDonalds and then `happened` to knock on her door out of all the doors in the city. God truly does prepare people to hear the message of the gospel and if we are worthy and exercise faith, he allows us to be the messenger. Being a missionary is the hardest thing I have ever done. But I've never felt happier than when someone lets us talk about the gospel and let's us come back to share more. Having to do it all in another language is truly a humbling experience and I have never relied more on the spirit. I know God hears and answers our prayers and that he prepares a way for us to accomplish the work he has for us. I love the gospel and I am so grateful to be a missionary!I hope everyone has a fantastic week!Love,Murray Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment