Lynell3

Lynell3

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Summer came today!!

Evans shimai. Really going to miss her!

Dear everyone!
Thank you all so much for the Happy Birthdays!!!!! It really meant a lot to me! I had the best birthday ever!!!!!!! The whole night before my birthday my companions (lucky for me I have 2) kept me awake by giving me regular updates of how much time was left until my birthday. Finally at midnight they wished me happy birthday and we all went to sleep haha. Wednesday morning they wished me happy birthday and made me a crown haha. They put little paper hearts all over my desk and the apartment . And in the afternoon we went to the church and Johnson shimai played violin with a member's friend who has been coming to eikaiwa and is an amazing piano teacher. So basically had a private concert that was awesome. And she played me a really fancy happy birthday on the piano haha. It was really fun. Then a less-active sister picked us up from the church and took us to see some cool stuff in Kushiro and then took us out to Mister Donuts for my birthday. Then just me and Johnson shimai and Johnson shimai went out to eat okonomiyaki and takoyaki! So yummy! Then when we got back to the apartment the obihiro sisters and kitami sisters were there for zone stuff!!! At night we had cake that they made for me! It was the best birthday!!! Oh and I got my birthday call from Evans shimai! She calls every missionary on their birthday and sings happy birthday to them and so does anyone else if she's with other missionaries. So mine was sung by the office elders and the APs. It was pretty great. So ya it was a great birthday that also included whipcream in the face that happened during what I thought was going to be a prayer but turned out to only be a cover up. Nice. haha. 

So we had a zone activity this past week!!! President and Sister Evans are going home this Saturday so they did activities with all the zones. Our zone went and did park golf which was a blast and I was on Evans shimai's team and it was way fun. She's a master. All the old people playing kept coming and telling us how to do it and all the rules haha. Friday we had zone training meeting and Sunday was district conference. So all the far out here branches came to Kushiro! I got to see all my Kitami family! Evans kaicho and shimai were also there and it was really special and lucky because it was their last sunday in Japan! I'm going to miss them so much!! There is no one else in the world like them and I've learned so much from them. I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father for sending me to this mission with them as President. 

This week we also had a way awesome lesson with an investigator. She's the one that works at the same place as a member and we've taught once before. But at this recent lesson we found out that she's been reading the Book of Mormon everyday! And we taught the restoration and the Spirit was so strong and we invited her to baptism! She didn't say no but she said she still needs to know a little more but it was so amazing. You could see her feeling the spirit when I would look in her eyes. It was so awesome. I love being a missionary!!!!! 
Love,

Murray shimai


Happy 21st birthday ambush!



p.s. you can check the facebook page for more pics from Evans shimai.

No comments:

Post a Comment