Lynell3

Lynell3

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Again Spring is back for real!

We went to a Mexican restaurant last Monday. It definitely was Japanified, but not bad.

Today is so warm it's wonderful! We're going to be riding our bikes probably this week. I have to get my bike tire fixed today but I'm excited to stop riding the bus all the time! Anyways this last weekend we got to watch General Conference! It was soooooooooo good!! And we got to watch Women's Conference! That was incredible! So much goodness. I loved President Monson's talk about love and showing love towards ALL people. As a missionary I believe God gives us an enhanced ability to love people but sometimes it is hard. People aren't always all nice and polite but that doesn't mean that we don't need to be. I've found that as I've tried to have an attitude of love for all the people that I cross paths with it makes my desire to share the gospel stronger. Love is so powerful and it's something that we can all have, if we choose to. 

I also loved Elder Zivic I think and his talk about asking other people what they're thinking and having  "no corrupt communication". Countless times we jump to conclusions about things or get angry with people because they don't do what we expect them to do or act the same way we do. Especially as a missionary having the same person with you 24/7 I've learned it's really important to talk about things and that it can prevent some small misunderstanding from becoming a huge problem. 

I loved all of conference but those were the two that came to mind just now and I left my notes at home. But it was so good and I can't wait to read all of them again!

Life is going pretty great. The sun is out and we're having a single adult activity tonight which is basically a making food and eating it party haha but that'll be fun. Tomorrow we get transfer calls so that's exciting! 
Nothing else much exciting or new happened last week so this is going to be a short one. But I hope you all have a great week!
Love,

Murray Shimai



No comments:

Post a Comment