Lynell3

Lynell3

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hey everyone!
Another chilly awesome week has past. This last week we had zone training meeting! It was awesome! We had workshops about purifying and preparing ourselves, faith, and gathering the elect. They were all so good. Sometimes as a missionary you get stuck in the mindset that you're good and will always have the Spirit and stuff because you're a missionary and it's a given. But missionaries more than ever need the Spirit and we aren't exempt from the rules of how the Spirit works. I've found on my mission that purifying ourselves as often as we can is the only way to constantly have the companionship of the Holy Ghost. And we need that companionship. In the workshop about Gathering the Elect we talked about how we don't know who the elect are or where they are. Only Heavenly Father knows. It's our job seek God's guidance and talk with everyone despite what our impression of them is because we don't know. And I've experienced meeting someone who we thought wasn't going to receive the gospel or understand because of certain circumstances but they turned out to be one of the most prepared people I've ever taught. 

This truly is the Lord's work and it's only through his Hands that we can see success. 

I love this gospel so much and I can promise you that the happiest you'll ever feel in your life is when you're sharing the gospel with someone else! Try it!

We had sports night on Saturday. Ping pong of course. And also a huge breakthrough was made. There's this adorable little girl in the ward and she never smiles when I wave at her and her face just never changes. But at sports night she was standing there with her usual face and I rolled a big ball towards her and she got this huge grin on her face and rolled it back! Yes! And then we kept rolling it back and forth and I added some sound effects and she threw out a laugh!  Couldn't believe it! Then yesterday at church when she saw me she smiled and waved! Greatest success of the week. 

Anyways hope you all have a great week this week! I love being a missionary!

Murray shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment